The Board of the Alliance Publishing Trust (APT), based in London, is looking for a dedicated and inspiring Editor ofAlliance magazine to succeed Founding Editor Caroline Hartnell when she retires next year. Alliance focuses on the roles, impact and potential of philanthropy and social investment worldwide for readers in foundations and with a special interest in philanthropy.
The successful candidate will also become the Executive Director of APT, and will be supported by the General Manager, a small staff team, an impressive Editorial Advisory Board, an experienced Board of Directors and an international network of contributors.
The Board are seeking a candidate who will:
- Maintain Alliance’s reputation for high quality in everything it publishes
- Take Alliance forward in a rapidly changing media environment
- Represent Alliance in a European and global context of philanthropy, including major events
- Expand its role as a forum for debating the crucial issues of, and posed by, philanthropy
- Renew its funding sources
The candidate will need:
- Experience of editing and capacity for developing editorial strategy
- The confidence and enthusiasm to approach potential donors, contributors and partners
- Ability to manage well a wide range of relationships
- An attractive and open personality
Knowledge of the global philanthropy sector and how it operates would be useful but is not essential.
Here you can find a detailed job description and person specification.
You can also view a recent issue of the magazine here.
Job title: Editor Alliance and APT Executive Director
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Based: London, United Kingdom
Reports to: Alliance Publishing Trust Board
Ideal start date: 01 July 2015
All interested persons should submit a CV and cover letter to David Drewery, General Manager via email email@example.com The deadline for all applications is 12:00 GMT 02 February 2015.
If you have any questions about the position, the recruitment process or about Alliance Publishing Trust in general please do not hesitate to contact David Drewery at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 207 062 8921