Halima Mahomed, March 2014, The Rockefeller Foundation
The report provides an overview of the current state of infrastructure for philanthropy in Africa.
It suggests that the sector is small, but growing steadily in numbers and diversity of offering. Both challenges and opportunities are highlighted stressing overall significant progress in the sector (in terms of capacity, depth and vision) in the last 15 but still much work to be done ahead particularly to develop its knowledge and its human and financial capacities.
Contents of the report
- TERMINOLOGY & ACRONYMS
- A SNAPSHOT OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY
- WHAT THE SECTOR SEES AS IMPORTANT AREAS OF ENGAGEMENT
- OBSTACLES TO THE FIELD’S DEVELOPMENT
- EMERGING AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY
- A NOTE ON NARRATIVES AND VOICE
- A SUMMARY OF THE CRITICAL ISSUES THE SECTOR NEEDS TO ENGAGE WITH
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE INFRASTRUCTURE SECTOR
- APPENDIX A: LIST OF INFRASTRUCTURE INSTITUTIONS AND RESOURCE PEOPLE
Click on the attachment to read the full report.